If an employee encounters a problem when they attempt to access Self Scheduling, for example, their pick period isn't active when they think it should be, there are a few things that they or their scheduler can quickly check:
- What is the employee's current primary position?
If the employee's primary position recently changed, they may no longer be part of a scheduling unit or team.
- Does the position belong to a scheduling unit?
When a unit is configured, positions are attached to it, either manually, or using the Organizational Detail Wizard. If a position has been left out, an employee may not be able to access Self Scheduling.
- Has the scheduling unit been assigned in self scheduling configuration?
In order to be active for self scheduling, a unit must be selected on the Self Scheduling Setup window.
- Is the position assigned to a self scheduling team?
When a unit is designated as a self scheduling unit, all of the positions attached to it must be associated with a schedule team. If a position is missed, it will not be active for self scheduling.
- Has a template been created for the scheduling unit?
Even if a self scheduling unit has been configured correctly and the positions assigned to schedule team, unit employees will not be able to self schedule if a self schedule template has not been configured and extrapolated onto a schedule.
- Is the employee currently assigned to one of the template rows?
An employee must be assigned to a row on the unit self scheduling template.
- Does the template need to be extrapolated again?
If the template was only extrapolated for a few cycles, it may need to be extrapolated again in order for employees to appear on the schedule again.
- Has self schedule cycle information been generated sufficiently for the template?
The scheduling cycle determines variables like the duration of pick periods, the order in which pick teams become active for self scheduling, and the offset between pick periods and the actual dates users select on the schedule.
- Is the employee's team selection time period active now?
During non-picking periods, employees can view their schedule, but they cannot pick shifts.
- Is the employee looking at the right calendar month?
The employee’s next picking period could be in the next month. Click the Self Schedule button at the upper right corner of the calendar to jump to the next pick period.